SVU-International Journal of Veterinary Sciences (SVU-IJVS)
SVU-IJVS is a double-blind peer-reviewed international open access journal of the South Valley University (SVU).
The journal publishes original research articles, authoritative reviews and case reports related to all areas of Veterinary Sciences. Coverage in the journal includes subjects related to the basic and clinical aspects of Veterinary Sciences; Anatomy, Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Parasitology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Food hygiene and control, Forensic medicine and toxicology, Animal medicine, Poultry diseases, Fish diseases, zoonotic diseases, Animal Surgery, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Animal Nutrition, Animal husbandry, Animal behavior, Animal genetics, breeding and production, wild studies and experimental animal studies. Beside conventional animal-related work, interdisciplinary articles i.e. Medicine, Biology, Bioinformatics, and Veterinary education, which may not be published by the narrow windows journals, are highly appreciated in the SVU-IJVS.
Fees: The online versions are free.
Frequency: Two issues are published a year; January-June (1) and July-December (2).
Open Access Policy
By Virtue of their appearance in the SVU-IJVS, articles are free to use after initial publication under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Copyright for articles published in the SVU-IJVS is retained by the authors, with first publication right granted to the SVU-IJVS. By Virtue of their appearance in the SVU-IJVS, articles are free to use after initial publication under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The SVU-IJVS holds the ethics of publication as one of its core values and as such, adheres strictly to internationally accepted publication ethics. To ensure compliance, the journal employs the double-blinded peer-review process for all submitted articles. Peer review process adopted by the SVU-IJVS acts as a filter to increases the quality of research submitted for publication.
Authors must confirm the following; that:
- Submitted manuscripts must be the original work of the author(s);
- Only unpublished manuscripts should be submitted;
- It is unethical to submit a manuscript to more than one journal concurrently;
- Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated;
- The sources of data used in the development of the manuscript are acknowledged;
- All errors discovered in the manuscript after submission must be swiftly communicated to the Editor.
Reviewers must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are reviewed in fairness based on the intellectual content of the article regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of the author(s);
- Any observed conflict of interest during the review process must be communicated to the Editor;
- All information pertaining to the manuscript is kept confidential;
- Any information that may be the reason for the rejection of publication of a manuscript must be communicated to the Editor.
Editors must confirm the following; that:
- All manuscripts are evaluated in fairness based on the intellectual content of the paper regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, citizenry nor political values of authors;
- Information pertaining to manuscripts are kept confidential;
- Any observed conflict of interest pertaining to manuscripts must be disclosed;
- Editorial Board takes responsibility for making publication decisions for submitted manuscripts based on the reviewer’s evaluation of the manuscript, policies of the journal editorial board and legal restraint acting against plagiarism, libel and copyright infringement.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes and will not be made available to any other party.
The SVU-IJVS is sponsored by the SVU publishing center and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, South Valley University, Egypt.